COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1.1. Personal Information. Personal information you may provide to us through the Platform or otherwise includes:
- Contact details, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, and phone number.
- Registration information, such as your username and password, API access credentials that you set to establish an online Account with us.
- Communications that we exchange, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Payment and transactional data, such as the information needed to complete your Orders and registrations on or through the Platform (which does not include credit card information, which is provided by you directly to our payment processing service provider), and information about Services or subscriptions you have purchased from us.
- Cookies and internet activity, such as text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our Services, subscriptions activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
1.2. Deidentified or Aggregate Information – Personal information does not include Deidentified and Aggregate Information. “Deidentified Information” means information that cannot reasonably identify, relate to, describe, be capable of being associated with, or be linked, directly or indirectly, to a particular individual, and for which SaaSync has implemented technical safeguards and business processes that prohibit reidentification of the individual. “Aggregate Information” means information that relates to a group or category of individuals, from which individual identities have been removed, that is not linked or reasonably linkable to any individual or household, including via a device.
1.3. Sources of Personal Information. We obtain personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Personal Information You Provide. SaaSync collects personal information when you voluntarily submit it to us.
- Personal Information that is Automatically Collected. In addition to personal information that we may receive directly from you, SaaSync indirectly collects other information from you automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on our Platform, and other sites and online services.
- Personal Information Obtained from Third Parties. SaaSync may receive personal information about you from other third party sources, including from your Service Providers, Third Party Service providers, other customers, business partners, or data providers. We may merge or combine such personal information with the personal information we collect from you directly or automatically.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
SaaSync’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide the Platform and Services. This may include transmitting personal information from Customer controlled applications and data stores, which may be held by your Service Providers, to Third Party Services. SaaSync may also use personal information for various purposes, including without limitation:
- Fulfilling your requests for selecting and purchasing subscriptions.
- Establish and maintain your Account on the Platform.
- Understanding and analyzing the usage trends and preferences of our Users to make our Platform and Services better, diagnose technical issues, prevent fraud, and develop new features and functionality.
- To personalize your experience on the Platform and to deliver information about offers relevant to your interests.
- To verify your identity or determine your eligibility for offers and promotions.
- To communicate with you, including responding to any of your requests or questions.
- To provide Users with maintenance and support including responding requests for customer support or responding to your feedback.
- To send you materials, updates, information, special offers, and promotional material from us and from other Users and our business partners using direct marketing or behavioral-based advertising.
- To respond to requests from law enforcement and as required by applicable law, court order, or government investigation.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1. Related Companies and M&A Transactions. We may share your personal information with companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us). In addition, if we transfer all or part of its business or make a sale of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction, including at the negotiation stage.
3.3. Services Agreement. We process personal information on behalf of our Customers, and our Customers’ Clients, to the extent such information was provided to us for processing pursuant to a Services Agreement. For example, a Customer’s Account information may be made available to a Third Party Service as necessary for the Customer to complete a transaction with the Third Party Service provider.
3.4. Legal Compliance. We may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your personal information in order to establish or exercise our contract rights; to defend against a legal claim; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities or fraud; to protect the safety and security of other Users; or to prevent a violation of our Services Agreement.
3.6. Referrals. Users may recommend other Users to join the Platform by providing their contact information. Users may also provide information about other Users of the Platform such as referrals to certain Third Party Services.
3.7. Behavioral-Based Advertising Partners. We participate in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party advertising company may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our Platform so that we can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our Platform, or on other websites.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from the risks presented by unauthorized access or acquisition, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access or acquisition of your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
5.1. Modifications to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct the personal information contained in your Account. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our Platform does not permit you to update or correct certain personal information, please contact us as described below.
5.2. Marketing Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials. You can stop receiving marketing emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” links in the emails or by contacting us as described below. If you decide not to receive marketing emails, we may still send you service-related communications, such as those about your Account, to fulfill Orders you have requested, or deliver notifications directly to you through the Platform.
5.3. Behavioral-Based Advertising. We participate in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our Platform so that we can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our Platform, or on other websites. If you wish to limit third parties’ collection of information about your use of our Platform, you can opt-out of receiving behavioral-based advertising from participating NAI and DAA members at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or optout.aboutads.info. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above. ADDITIONALLY, PLEASE NOTE THAT OPTING-OUT OF BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ADVERTISING WHILE USING THE PLATFORM . IT WILL, HOWEVER, EXCLUDE YOU FROM BEHAVIORAL-BASED ADVERTISING CONDUCTED THROUGH PARTICIPATING NETWORKS, AS PROVIDED BY THEIR POLICIES AND CHOICE MECHANISMS.
5.4. Do-Not-Track. Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
OTHER SITES AND SERVICES
The Platform may contain links to other websites and online services operated by third parties, including to Third Party Service providers. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites or online services, including Third Party Service providers, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and online services you use.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
SaaSync is based in the United States of America. If you are from a country outside of the United States of America with laws governing data collection, use, and disclosure that may differ from U.S. law and you provide personal information to us, please note that any personal information that you provide to us may be transferred to the United States of America. By providing your personal information, where applicable law permits, you hereby specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure set forth herein or in the Services Agreement. We safeguard and enable the global transfer of personal information in a number of ways. For example, if you or your organization is required to enter into a contract or other binding legal act under EU, UK, or Swiss law with your processors, and SaaSync is acting as a processor for you, as the controller, you may request that SaaSync enter into a Data Processing Addendum with Standard Contractual Clauses by contacting us at the address listed in the section titled “CONTACTING US” below.
RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
The following applies to individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA).
8.1. Lawful basis for processing. SaaSync is required to inform you of the lawful basis of our processing of your personal information, which are described in the table below. If you have questions about the lawful basis of how we process your personal information, contact us at the address listed in the section titled “CONTACTING US” below.
Processing Purpose Lawful Basis • Collection of Sensitive Personal Information
• To Improve Our Platform and Services.
• To Market Our Platform and Services.
Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it anytime in the manner indicated on the Platform or through the Services. • To Provide Our Platform and Services.
• To Communicate with You.
• To Understand Your Interests.
• To Process Your Payment for the Platform and Services.
• To Respond to Your Requests or Questions.
• To Determine Your Eligibility and Set Up Your Account.
Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract. You are subject to a Services Agreement with us and we need to use your personal information to provide the Platform or Services. • To Secure the Platform.
• As Required by Law.
Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. • To Improve Our Platform and Services.
• To Understand Your Interests.
• To Market Our Platform and Services.
• To Secure the Platform.
Processing activities constitute our legitimate interests. We consider and balance the potential impact on your rights before we process your personal information for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent, or we are otherwise required to perform a contract or by law).
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably determine we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. For example, we consider aggregation and deidentification of personal information to be compatible with the purposes listed above and in your interest, because the aggregation and deidentification of such information reduces the likelihood of improper disclosure of that information.
8.2. Retention. SaaSync retains your personal information:
- For so long as your Account is active or as needed to provide you with the Platform, the Services, or to fulfill our contractual obligations;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; and
- For so long as is necessary for the purposes for which we collected such personal information.
8.3. Your Rights. European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our lawful basis as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
When we receive your request, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may withhold information where we are required by law to do so or if the search for that information would require disproportionate effort or have a disproportionate effect to, for example, the cost of providing the information, the time it would take to retrieve the data, or how difficult it may be to obtain the information requested.
If you are a resident EEA and would like to exercise any of these rights, please submit your request to the address listed in the section titled “CONTACTING US” below. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us or submit a complaint to the data protection authority in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents who have an established business relationship with SaaSync are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. This notice will identify the categories of information shared with and will include a list of the third parties with which it is shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit your request to the address listed in the section titled “CONTACTING US” below.
Effective Date: September 18, 2020