The Health of your Business
Do you need more than the out-of-the-box transactional reports in Zuora? We enable you to understand the key SaaS based metrics for your business by helping re-envision your Zuora data in ChartMogul.
Understand your MRR movements, churn, lifetime value, cohort retention, and a lot more!
Boost Your Sync with Custom Sidecar Logic
Billing data is messy, systems are customizable, and you bill in a way that works for you. We have the ability to quickly add custom logic to your sync with Zuora so that it works for you - while also working for ChartMogul.
How it Works
- SaaSync connects to Zuora and ChartMogul
- We do a review with you to identify any non-standard configuration or usage of Zuora
- We configure the sync to work with your instance of Zuora
- Data is continuously synced from Zuora to ChartMogul
What is ChartMogul?
ChartMogul is a subscription data platform that makes it simple to consolidate, clean, segment, and visualize your billing data. It enables you to better understand your key SaaS metrics such as MRR, LTV, Churn, and cohort retention.
Pricing Starts at $999/mo per Connection Source
Based on Monthly Invoice Gross Revenue*
Frequently Asked Questions
The integration pulls sales information (accounts, product rate plan charges, invoices, credit memos, and payments) and transforms the data into a way that it can be connected and sent to ChartMogul.
SaaSync will pull the data from Zuora via API. It will automatically transform the data into the required format for sending it on to ChartMogul.
The two most prominent issues with the Zuora integration are:
- When a transaction (invoice, credit memo, etc.) is deleted in Zuora the Zuora API does not maintain the transaction. In other words, there is no indication that the invoice was deleted - thus deleted items persist in ChartMogul. We highly recommend that transactions are cancelled or voided instead of being deleted when possible.
- The Zuora API does not support time stamps when notifying of the service period for a subscription. This can lead to a couple situations where the MRR is off from what is expected.
- On prorated invoices (especially where the duration of the service period is approaching zero) this can lead to a difference in what Zuora reports for MRR due to the impact of the time difference.
- When a lot of amendments come in for a subscription all with the same date, it can create an ordering problem in ChartMogul given ChartMogul usually requires accurate timestamps in order to know how they order things before calculating MRR.
When sending Zuora data to ChartMogul, we strongly recommend setting your churn recognition setting in ChartMogul to Always recognize cancellations as churn at the time of cancellation. This allows us to properly set the churn date that the billing system provides. This is a global setting and will affect all data sources.
We do not store your Zuora customer data. For performance reasons and to reduce API rate limit exceptions, we may cache some data for up to one hour at which time the cache is cleared. We also may log error responses from the source / destination systems for up to 14 days and log an audit trail of actions peformed for up to 30 days.
Get Started Today
Get started for free! Create an account and setup your sync pipeline to start your first sync today!Create Free AccountNo Credit Card Required!